Monday, July 12, 2010

The work, preparation has been done….now we must act…

"The path is unsafe. The place is unknown. The journey is unbelievable. " from the movie Forbidden Kingdom.

I am still moving in my weight lost journey but I guess it is not really about the weight lost, as it is about the lifestyle change to maintain a healthy weight and the journey to get there. As we get older, we have to worker harder to get things to stay put…lol…like we would like. But like with so many things in this journey, I have learned we must live in the now, not in what use to be, or what we wish to be because we discount what is now and worked already done. Realizing this made me think of the how we desire to change, but we are unwilling to take an objective stock of who we are really, where we are, the preparation done, and what we see as negotiables in our life. We all have gifts and talents to be a leader in various arenas – formal and informal. Our circle of influence is far greater than we think, or even can imagine. Yet, we fall short of our and others expectations once we actually get in the real world, put ourselves in the arena, field, turf, etc where we know, we belong, and actualize the many talents and gifts within us. Why is that? Failure or less than stellar results we were expecting, come about because the failure to take a true objective stock of self. See, we have not decided to trade momentary satisfaction, or what is good for the moment, for what is good and satisfactory for the long haul. Without willing to accept and do, we will never meet or exceed the expectations of ourself and/or others. Something we must do at any level, regardless of any formal leadership role if we desire to reach our potential and beyond that is within us. Because we are role-models whether we desire to be or not, and we influence others whether we try to or not. Thus, to meet and exceed our expectations starts with intentional incremental small steps in our decision making. See with in my weight lost journey, I realize I will never be the size I use to be, or look like others my age but I can be comfortable being me and develop me to be my best, and know it is an process not an event. I will have to learn moderation, to let go of things and people that are hindrance to my progression; difficult yes, but not impossible. But more importantly, I can carry the confidence within me, which puts me in precision syncopated rhythms for my life. These rhythms in my life allow me to utilize my gifts and talents to create innovative steps for introductions and exits with smooth transition no matter the environment, the atmosphere, or the circumstance.

We just have to believe what is not, can be if we believe what has been put in our spirit and not be afraid because it is not popular. See the work, the preparation has been done, and now we just need to act on it…. Eze. 37:13;9-10 (NIV)- The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know." … Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.' " So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet—a vast army.

No comments: