Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is the hallowed holidays for me, more than Christmas or Easter. Why? Because it is the time we all take a pause in the continuum of time and pause to be thankful. Not get overwhelmed by negativity or get all consumed with what we lack. It represents the turning point in the time of each year, where we open the doors of our heart, and extend our expressions of gratitude to those that are close, and to strangers. We begin to give life and breathe into being the concept of my brother’s keeper. The consciousness of self is mitigated and the formulation of it is not about me appears. We move to the embodiment of the ‘grace factor’. The unmerited favor of God, where we were chosen, and we submit to be use as a vehicle to demonstrate the importance of Thanksgiving. The time where we express our thankfulness, gratitude, and appreciation to God, family and friends for all, we have been blessed with whether it is material possessions, relationships, struggles, or trials for they all teach and bless. Our shared experiences allow us to look at the same landscapes, but new lens are formed to produce a different perspective that guides our steps spiritually and physically.

I am thankful for…
The trials for they refined me
The unconditional love because it cushioned my fall
The friends because they are the family that chose me
The present of mind to forgive and live
The willingness to live in my authenticity
The heart that sees hurts unspoken
The challenges put in my path today because they prepare me for tomorrow
The faith to believe God’s promise when man’s says, you don't or it could not be true
The power to choose
The family I was given because it made me into the me I am
The gift of grace that covers our lives
The unmitigated presence of favor upon all our lives in various measures
The consciousness of mind to see what absolutes are, and what relative statements are, and the willingness to accept the difference
The openness to learning from all people, and all situations as it becomes a seamless unconsciousness
A God who does not ever stop believing in me, even when I and others do!
The men and women who taught me, and are teaching me, more about me all in their unique way
The under-shepherd that says, I am fallible and we are learning together
The men and women of God who say – I don’t want to, but by God I must do

No comments: