Friday, February 11, 2011

Don’t get it twisted….


“Each new year gives us a chance to become more than we ever imagined."~ Flavia

We tend to get just enough understanding of things to be dangerous and ineffective. Not realizing, it is not just dangerous to us but to all who are connected to us. Whether is it wives submitting to your husband or submitting to leadership or leadership or diversity. The key is having a keen understanding two important concepts TPM (time, place and manner) and context. When we get these two concepts right make a world a difference between creating enemies, and creating a profitable connection that blesses our life. Doing a gut check before reacting to a circumstance, and before we spew out some great explanation or idea that is good and sustentative but it is only applicable in certain situations., and all wrong for the situation at hand. All because we missed the meaning all together, thus, we use it inappropriately. We have not grasped that having just enough is dangerous for application and implementation while being destructive to self and others. Because we don’t check things out for ourselves when we believe something is askew before we repeat it. 

When I was my young there was a scripture repeated a lot 2 Tim. 2:15 - Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (21st KJV).  I will have to say, I hated hearing this verse being repeated in my youth. Mainly because no one would really explain it to me, or rather expound upon what it meant to in terms, I could understand. Yes, even as a little kid I was a little bothersome, or shall I inquisitive..lol…I digress…This happening over and over and over, we get it twisted, and confused. We become frustrated and reside in a chaotic state not realizing it because this is what is familiar, thus comfortable.  Then what is norm is what should be abnormal to us all because we got it twisted…wink…

No comments: