Friday, May 11, 2012

My rambling


As I look the debates of the day over sexual orientation, faith, race, etc, and it is mostly coming from people who say they are believers. I struggle, I sit back in amazement, and mull over the audacity of our arrogance. We seem to pick and choose what in the holy script, inspired word of God, the bible, is applicable to us, me. If we really read the bible, we would see the worse of worse, and the best of the best.
 We ostracized, when we should tryto find a way in, to win souls toward God. Yet, we seemed to be willing to be best known for our negative position, rather than our godly disposition. We are willing to fight, go to war, and live in enmity, than to cross the line to reach in toward another to teach one because he or she does not meet up to our expectations. The question I have is – who are we to put up a standard, when we ourselves have fallen short, and each day we fall shorter as we build our lives on a foundation riddle with self-doubt, veneer beautiful covering a narcissistic, self-involved spirit. Where we cannot reach beyond what we see, what we have been taught, or what we feel, because it challenges who we are as a person, or it means people will questioned my truth. See, we don’t get it, light drives out darkness in a room, and in a heart. The question is not whether we should let others who are different than us, whether it is SGL or another faith, it whether we are willing to  do what God has commissioned every person  who are followers of Christ to do – John 13:34-35-  “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (NIV).
The simple fact is, we can’t because there is no room in our world or word to release us. We are not sold out to Christ.  See when you are sold out to someone or something. No one changes you, ask any sold out Dallas Cowboy or Houston Texans or Chicago bull, or Boston Red Sox fans. Come hell or high water, they are not moved. Yet, us Christian, we stop short of giving all when it come to the Father's will which is not our way or on our agenda of right. See, when you love there is no room for hate, there is no room for pointing fingers because if the truth be told your biblical belief stand is found more on your personal preferences, upbringing, and fear of the unknown, more than it does on God’s word. See the lion and the lamb can sit together, and if they are taught from babes…wink….God is great, and amazingly awesome.
So, I petition God to give me the wisdom to see beyond my visible eyes to embrace His spiritual wonderment and truths. And though no one go with me, I will follow… How about you…John 20:29 - Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” NIV

No comments: