Monday, June 21, 2010

Me Being me

I have written below for all of us, who are and have been afraid to live their truth because results in discomfort for others, friends, family, and foe. So, I hope you all are encouraged by it...

Me being Me
Me being me is not an attempt to harm you, but to help me. It is me living my truth to find peace within for me. It is my attempt to reduce my stress, remove unnecessary anger bottled up inside and projected on others, so that I can stop my self-loathing. If living my truth offends you, or makes you feel insecure, it is not me that hurts you; it is you. See, me letting my light shine, my truth live out-loud should not create a disturbance for you; it should free you to be, you. If it does not, then it is your doing, not mind. See as we live our truth, I live my truth, you should see it is okay to live yours. All is needed from you, is for you to walk beyond your fears, release the chains of insecurities you have grown accustomed to, and begin loving person God made. Not trying to be what someone desires or think you should be, because you will never satisfy anyone trying to please them, and you will have a slow death of self-destruction. We cannot change to meet someone else’s expectation, if it means being less than authentic to who we really are. Being the quick change artist that accommodates all people for every circumstances or situations never finds peace, and cripples one’s self-worth.
The fact of the matter is, and at the end of the day, your living a lie imprisons not only you, but those who are connected to you, and look up to you. It puts others in a quandary when it comes to connecting with you, for they see the madness, the confusion in you, but your denial leaves them helpless and disconnected from you. Your refusal to live your truth also impedes others from their growth, because are a role model, desire to be or not, look up to whether you know it or not, and it creates a ripple effect in lives you were not aware. You must understand you affect others, unknowingly, by your presence, your words, and your actions. We all want to be affirmed for doing, but also for being who were are as a person, regardless of gender, race, socioeconomic status, physical appearance, relationships, etc. to be guided, nurtured, loved, guarded, and desired but none of this can happen, if you are living a lie because the lens you see life through is distorted by fear and insecurity. While living your truth frees you, and all that has been confined by your lies, hypocrisies, fears, insecurities, and yes, anger. It allows you to no longer be afraid to be honest about you, or how others see you; you are a beautiful person. You complete the complex, intricate rainbow God fashioned in this world with each unique personality created. He made you to be a part of, when He said, let you be, and out of his love, you were meant to always shines. Therefore, me being me should always help you, not hurt because it frees you with loving warmth not found in anywhere else….

No comments: