Tuesday, June 16, 2009

God didn't give up on me‏

This weekend as I watched sunday gospel video Detrick Haddon came on - God didn't give up on me. Now in the video it depicts a minister who has made a mistake and his struggles, but really anyone in the limelight. I began to wonder why we forget that ministers, bishops, priests, singer, actor/actress, presidents, educators, etc are people just like us. Imperfect beings and will sins just like each of us, and we do not want God to give up on us...we do not want mankind, our family, friends, loved ones to give up on us either..Yes, I know that they are role models and many time that means they are put on a pedestal (some expect it, some do not, all enjoy the privileges that bring, who wouldn't), but aren't we all role models to someone. There are people who put each of us on pedestal and we enjoy it as well..Does that surprise you, it shouldn't..Someone is looking at you and thinking - i would love to be like (fill in the blank) because s/he seem so on top of it..John 21:15-17 (NIV)
15 Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," Peter replied, "you know I love you."
"Then feed my lambs," Jesus told him.
16Jesus repeated the question: "Simon son of John, do you love me?" "Yes, Lord," Peter said, "you know I love you."
"Then take care of my sheep," Jesus said.
17Once more he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know I love you." Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep.
The purpose of this scripture, Jesus knew that Peter had betrayed him, he foretold it, but Jesus did not give up on him... I do not say that it is okay, or that we should take advantage of any situation or people when in power. The duty of care heightens when you are seen as a public role model or assume certain responsibilities but it does not mean we are not fallible, imperfect, and susceptible to errors just as anyone...as God did not give up on Peter but only loved him, and continue work through him...
we are all role models, we all want forgiveness, and we all want to move forward with our lives, thus do not to others you would not want done to you. think about that before you put someone on a pedestal or you get up on one, because it truly is the best of times and the worst of times..but living your destiny inspite of and continuing to love God is the blessed of times, all the times...
these ideas are strictly opinions of the writer, no one has to agreed with them or believe with them...as with a glass of water...same vision different experiences - one half full, another half empty...it is all in your perspective.

No comments: